Thin disk pump optics for guiding up to 1 kW (standard version, optionally even 2 kW) of pump power multiple times over a laser active thin disk medium, such as provided by our TD12 disks. Due to its easy integration in an laboratory style optical laser setup and due to its many degrees of freedom for adjustment, the TDM 2.0 is recommended for a laboratory environment.
- New design of our well known TDM 1.0 with originally 1 kW pump power
- Pump power up to 1 kW (1 kW version, optionally up to 2 kW - please ask for the 2 kW version)
- For laser disks, such as our TD-12, allowing pump spot diameters of 0.9 - 6.7 mm; the size of the pump spot can be changed by exchange of the collimationn unit
- The module allows for 24 passes of pump light over the disk; 48 passes can be offered optionally
- Designed for fiber delivered pump power with HP or for low power (maximum pump power 250 W) SMA coupling unit (please note, that protective windows on the fiber-tip might cause problems)
- Large aperture in front of laser disk (20 mm diameter) for easy setup of even complex resonator geometries
- Adjustable parabolic mirror for change of pump spot position (1 mm, optionally up to 3 mm)
- Water cooled, easily exchangeable, and adjustable collimation optics
- Goniometer for adjusting thin disk (optionally Piezo controlled; for 48x passes adjustability of thin disk is restricted)
- Made of stainless steel for vacuum compatibility and use with DI water
- Optionally vacuum compatible (low outgassing, vacuum of 10-4 mbar has been realized)
- Laboratory version for R&D
Pump concept protected by patents EP 1 252 687 and EP 1 103 090, invented by Dr. Giesen and Coworkers, licensed to D+G
For customers with serial laser production, we offer OEM versions.
We can also supply you with pump sources of various power classes, e.g. 140 W, 250 W, etc.
The TDM 2.0 comes with one collimation which will define the size of the pump spot along with the used fiber core diameter. The collimation can be exchanged easily at some later time. The tabular below shows the available pump spot diameters depending on fiber core diameter and collimation (K1-K13). Whereas all possibilities are avaible for the TDM 2.0 with 24 passes, the available pump spot sizes for the TDM 2.0 with 48 passes are marked in green.
|400 µm||600 µm||800 µm||1000 µm|
For laser operation dust-free environment is required. Dust will cause slow degradation of the laser disk surface and output power in continuous wave operation and can cause disk damage in pulsed operation. If the set-up is mounted on a breadboard this breadboard should be placed on a flat surface. Don’t use any small supports e.g. to realize a three-point-support. For laser operation dust-free environment is required. Dust will cause slow degradation of the laser disk surface and output power in continuous wave operation and can cause disk damage in pulsed operation.If the set-up is mounted on a breadboard this breadboard should be placed on a flat surface. Don’t use any small supports e.g. to realize a three-point-support.
A water connection is necessary for operating the TDM 2.0 thin disk module. The following specifications of the cooling water connection must be fulfilled (if other specifications are needed, please consult our team for realizability):
- pressure: 2..3 bar
- temperature: 10..25 °C
- laser disk flow rate: 1 ... 3 l/min (1 l/min is sufficient for a pump power below 200 W, higher water flow is recommended for higher pump power; for pump spot sizes > 4 mm and pump power densities > 2 kW/cm2, a flow rate of 3 l/min is recommended)
- other parts flow rate: > 0.5 l/min (1 l/min for TDM 2.0)
- connections: standard fittings for tubes with an outer diameter of 6 mm
- quality: roughly filtered, deficient in lime