Thin disk pump optics for guiding up to 1 kW (please note, that the maximum pump power is limited by the pump spot size / pump power density on the disk) of pump power multiple times over a laser active thin disk medium, such as provided by our TD12 disks. Due to its easy integration in a laboratory style laser setup and due to its many degrees of freedom for adjustment, the TDM 1.1 is recommended for a laboratory environment.
Thin Disk pump optics for guiding up to 1 kW of pump power multiple times over a laser active Thin Disk medium, such as TD12. Due to its easy integration in a laboratory style optical laser setup and due to its many degrees of freedom for adjustment, the TDM1 is recommended for a laboratory environment.
- Product name: TDM1.1 (v2021)
- Pump power in the standard version with up to 1 kW at 940 nm - 969 nm; please note, that the maximum pump power is limited by the pump spot size / pump power density on the disk;
- For laser disks, such as our TD12-7, allowing pump spot diameters of 2.0 - 6.0 mm; the size of the pump spot can be changed by exchange of the collimation unit
- Pump wavelengths: typical 940 nm or 969 nm
- The module allows for 48 passes (optionally 24 passes) of pump light over the disk
- Beam height: 50 mm
- Designed for fiber delivered pump power with high power connector of PT-B, QBH or with low power SMA coupling (maximum pump power 250 W) unit. (Please contact D+G when a protect window on fiber tips is employed)
- Large aperture in front of laser disk (20 mm diameter for V-setup with up to 25° full angle between beams, for 6 mm diameter beams) for easy setup of even complex resonator geometries
- Water cooled, easily exchangeable, and 3 axes adjustable collimation optics
- Disk holder adjusting thin disk (± 1° horizontally, up to ± 3° vertically; adjustability limited for 48 pass version)
- Made of stainless steel for use with DI water
- Pump chamber can be easily removed with the disk remaining fixed on the optical table
- Highly stable laboratory version for R&D
- High power operation test is performed for each module before shipment
Pump concept for 48 passes protected by patent DE 10 2013 114 748.8.
We can also supply you with pump sources of various power classes.
AVAILABLE COLLIMATIONS (TDM 1.1)
The TDM 1.1 comes with one collimation, which will define the size of the pump spot along with the used fiber core diameter. The collimation can be exchanged easily at some later time.
For the TDM 1.1 we have various standard collimations available. The tabular below shows the available magnification with respect to the used fiber core diameter. The fiber core diameter can vary between 400 um and 1 mm. Other collimations are available upon request.
The magnification reaches a certain value in range shown on the table below, depending on optics tolerance and alignment conditions.
AVAILABLE COLLIMATIONS (old TDM 1.0)
The older version of the TDM 1.0/2.0 comes with one collimation, which will define the size of the pump spot along with the used fiber core diameter. The collimation can be exchanged easily at some later time.
For the TDM 1.0 we have various standard collimations available. The tabular below shows the available pump spot diameters depending on fiber core diameter and collimation (K1-K13). Whereas all possibilities are avaible for the TDM 1.0 with 24 passes, the available pump spot sizes for the TDM 1.0 with 48 passes are marked in green.
|400 µm||600 µm||800 µm||1000 µm|
For laser operation dust-free environment is required. Dust will cause slow degradation of the laser disk surface and output power in continuous wave operation and can cause disk damage in pulsed operation. If the set-up is mounted on a breadboard this breadboard should be placed on a flat surface. Don’t use any small supports e.g. to realize a three-point-support.
A water connection is necessary for operating the TDM 1.1 thin disk module. The following specifications of the cooling water connection must be fulfilled (if other specifications are needed, please consult our team for realizability):
- pressure: 2..3 bar
- temperature: 10..25 °C
- laser disk flow rate: 1 ... 3 l/min (1 l/min is sufficient for a pump power below 200 W, higher water flow is recommended for higher pump power; for pump spot sizes > 4 mm and pump power densities > 2 kW/cm2, a flow rate of 3 l/min is recommended)
- other parts flow rate: > 0.5 l/min
- connections: standard fittings for tubes with an outer diameter of 6 mm
- quality: roughly filtered, deficient in lime
|Dimensions||312 × 207 × 112 cm|
PT-B, PT-D, QBH, SMA
TDM3-TDM1-: 3.2, 3.4, 3.6, 4.0, 4.3, 4.5, 4.7, 5.0, 5.3, 5.5, 5.7, 6.0