- New design (v2019) of our well known TDM 1.0 Lab
- Pump power in the standard version with up to 1 kW (TDM 1.0), optionally up to 2 kW (TDM 2.0) at 940 nm – 980 nm; please note, that the maximum pump power is limited by the pump spot size / pump power density on the disk;
- For laser disks, such as our TD-12, allowing pump spot diameters of 0.9 – 6.7 mm; the size of the pump spot can be changed by exchange of the collimation unit
- The module allows for 24 passes (optionally 48 passes) of pump light over the disk
- Beam height 75 mm
- Designed for fiber delivered pump power with HP or for low power (maximum pump power 250 W) SMA coupling unit (protective windows on the fiber-tip are compatible with our newest TDM 1.0 version)
- Large aperture in front of laser disk (20 mm diameter for V-setup with up to 25° full angle between beams, for 6 mm diameter beams) for easy setup of even complex resonator geometries
- Adjustable parabolic mirror for change of pump spot position (1 mm, optionally up to 3 mm – not applicable for 48x passes)
- Water cooled, easily exchangeable, and adjustable collimation optics
- Solid joint Goniometer for adjusting thin disk (± 1° horizontally, up to ± 3° vertically; optionally Piezo controlled; adjustability limited for 48 pass version)
- Made of stainless steel (for vacuum compatibility and use with DI water)
- Optionally vacuum compatible (low outgassing, vacuum of 10-4 mbar has been realized)
- Pump chamber can be easily removed with the disk remaining fixed on the optical table
- Highly stable laboratory version for R&D
- Factory acceptance test before delivery
Pump concept protected by patents EP 1 252 687 and EP 1 103 090, invented by Dr. Giesen and Coworkers, licensed to D+G. Pump concept for 48 passes protected by patent DE 10 2013 114 748.8.
For customers with serial laser production, we offer OEM versions at high volume.
We can also supply you with pump sources of various power classes, e.g. 140 W, 250 W, etc.
AVAILABLE COLLIMATIONS (TDM 1.0/2.0 v2018)
The TDM 1.0/2.0 comes with one collimation, which will define the size of the pump spot along with the used fiber core diameter. The collimation can be exchanged easily at some later time.
For the TDM 1.0/2.0 we have various standard collimations available. The tabular below shows the available magnification with respect to the used fiber core diameter. The fiber core diameter can vary between 400 um and 1 mm. Other collimations are available upon request.
|minimum magnification||maximum magnification|
AVAILABLE COLLIMATIONS (old TDM 1.0)
The older version of the TDM 1.0/2.0 comes with one collimation, which will define the size of the pump spot along with the used fiber core diameter. The collimation can be exchanged easily at some later time.
For the TDM 1.0 we have various standard collimations available. The tabular below shows the available pump spot diameters depending on fiber core diameter and collimation (K1-K13). Whereas all possibilities are avaible for the TDM 1.0 with 24 passes, the available pump spot sizes for the TDM 1.0 with 48 passes are marked in green.
|400 µm||600 µm||800 µm||1000 µm|
For laser operation dust-free environment is required. Dust will cause slow degradation of the laser disk surface and output power in continuous wave operation and can cause disk damage in pulsed operation. If the set-up is mounted on a breadboard this breadboard should be placed on a flat surface. Don’t use any small supports e.g. to realize a three-point-support.
A water connection is necessary for operating the TDM 1.0/2.0 thin disk module. The following specifications of the cooling water connection must be fulfilled (if other specifications are needed, please consult our team for realizability):
- pressure: 2..3 bar
- temperature: 10..25 °C
- laser disk flow rate: 1 … 3 l/min (1 l/min is sufficient for a pump power below 200 W, higher water flow is recommended for higher pump power; for pump spot sizes > 4 mm and pump power densities > 2 kW/cm2, a flow rate of 3 l/min is recommended)
- other parts flow rate: > 0.5 l/min (1 l/min for TDM 2.0)
- connections: standard fittings for tubes with an outer diameter of 6 mm
- quality: roughly filtered, deficient in lime